Ex- Rivers HoS Nwaeke throws out wife’s kidnap claims

George Nwaeke
Abdullateef Fowewe
The former Head of Service in Rivers State, George Nwaeke has dismissed allegations by his wife, Florence, claiming that he was kidnapped.
In a video proclamation on Saturday, Nwaeke clarified that he is safe and in Abuja, where he voluntarily reported to security agencies concerning the ongoing developments in Rivers State.
Addressing the claims by his wife, Nwaeke strongly denied the idea that he was abducted, suggesting instead that Florence had been misled or perhaps given a script to read.
His statement aims to clear the air and put to rest growing concerns about his whereabouts, following the tensions surrounding his recent resignation and the political unrest in the state.
“I am in TRANSCORP Abuja. I arrived this morning from Port Harcourt to meet security agencies and report myself, as well as the troubling events happening in Rivers State. I resigned as Head of Service on Monday because of these developments.
“I just saw a video of my wife trending. She was told I had been kidnapped and given a script to read. I want to make it clear—I am not kidnapped. I am in Abuja, working.
“When I was Head of Service, my wife was not involved in my official duties. That script she read is null and void. I am safe and sound. I will report myself to the appropriate security agencies because Abuja houses their headquarters, and I feel safer making my report here,” he said.
In a video that made waves on Saturday, Florence Nwaeke voiced growing anxiety over the whereabouts of her husband following his resignation as the Head of Service in Rivers State.