Nwabueze posts OSGF letter to defend made in Nigeria Project Office amid ICPC probe
Abdullateef Fowewe
The National Coordinator and Executive Director of the National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office, George Nwabueze, has released another document which he said establishes the office’s long-standing connection with the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.
Nwabueze shared the document on his LinkedIn page on Sunday amid controversy over the status of the office, which the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission has alleged was operating as a fake federal agency.
The document, a letter dated July 19, 2010, was purportedly issued by the OSGF and addressed to “Buchi George,” identified as the Executive Director of The Hats Centre, Owerri, Imo State.
Referenced NIG@ 50/S. 7/C,3/45, the letter was signed by Dominic Y.E. for the Secretary to the Government of the Federation and titled, “RE: Endorsement of Our Project, Made in Naija, to Be Held in Ireland.”
The letter acknowledged a July 16, 2010 proposal requesting endorsement for a “Made in Naija” project planned for Ireland as part of activities marking Nigeria’s 50th independence anniversary.
It stated, “I am directed to acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 16 July 2010 on the above subject and inform you that you should forward your proposal to the Nigerian High Commission in Ireland for possible consideration.”
The letter added, “Please accept the assurances of the warm regards of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.”
However, the authenticity of the document could not be independently verified.
Reacting to the letter, Nwabueze argued that the initiative had operated within the OSGF structure for years and could not reasonably be described as a newly created or fraudulent agency.
“History and facts, from Made in naija since 15th June 2010 to made in nigeria project office that is since 16 years in same OSGF Office,” he wrote.
He added, “How can you discover a 16 years programme in 2026, it’s means you have been blind, we are committed to the national development.”
Nwabueze also posted promotional graphics bearing the office’s logo, with messages such as, “Localise national products, industrialise Nigeria,” and, “Our products. Our pride. Our progress.”
The materials outlined goals including encouraging domestic production, creating jobs and wealth, reducing import dependence and improving Nigeria’s global competitiveness.
One of the graphics promoted a drive for local production “under the Industrialize Nigeria” initiative, with the tagline: “Locally made for global access.”
The posts followed allegations by the ICPC that the National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office was uncovered during an investigation into the alleged Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council.
The anti-graft commission alleged that the office was allocated space within the OSGF premises without presidential authorisation, and identified Nwabueze as its promoter.
Nwabueze has rejected the claim, maintaining that the body is a project office under the OSGF rather than an independent federal agency.
“Made in Nigeria Special Project Office is a project office in the OSGF. We don’t know where fake agency comes from,” Nwabueze said in an earlier response.
“A programme that has been in the SGF’s office since 16 July 2010 was just discovered yesterday. After 16 years; Nigeria is a funny country.”
He had previously shared an appointment letter dated October 3, 2025, which he said conveyed approval for his appointment as National Coordinator and Executive Director of the Made in Nigeria Project Office.
Another document he posted indicated that the office sought special-project status from the OSGF in April 2025.
The development comes after the ICPC announced that President Bola Tinubu had ordered Nwabueze’s arrest over allegations surrounding the running and promotion of
